April 12, 2013

Mango Mousse Cake (no-bake)

My number goal is to love, support and be there for my son. ~Farrah Fawcett

This Mango Mousse cake is my graduation gift to my son, Lowell. 


He personally requested it when he saw the picture of the cake while browsing some photos in Google. I was hesitant to do it at first because I know that this is a time-consuming cake. You need to bake first the sponge cake, let it cool then layer the mango mousse.... wait a few hours for the mousse to set, then repeat again the procedure.... and then lastly, do the mirror effect. I didn't have a lot of time at that moment because he was sick and I need to take care of him - his graduation is on the next day. Afraid that he will be sad if I turned down his request, I came up with the idea of making it a no-bake cake. I have some graham crackers in the pantry and decided to substitute it for the sponge cake. I placed double layer of graham crackers and dipped it in fresh milk to make it a little softer before layering it, I don't want my cake to be crunchy! :D I must admit, it was still time-consuming but I enjoyed every moment of making it. This is a cake filled with sweetness and love.

I adapted the recipe of mango mousse from All that Matters.

Happy day always,

Rhea

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...