June 1, 2013

Overload banana cupcakes by Lowell

There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. ~ Walt Streightiff


These are the cutest art pieces I've ever seen. Well, it's my son's creations. We have some bonding and learning time yesterday. It's always great when he helped me in the kitchen. I can see the happiness in my child's eye when we do something together.

Just so you know, I wanted to teach my son to be responsible, that's why I always make a point to give him simple household chores everyday, like watering the plants or putting dirty clothes in the hamper or picking up his toys. I'll tell you, it's not an easy task but it is our duty as a parent to help our children grow into a better human being. Turn the responsibilities into something fun, just like what I did yesterday. My son made the decoration of the cakes and I can't believe he made all of it. I'm a proud mama! So next time you bake, try to put some happiness in your baked treats by letting your child help you make wonderful creations.

INGREDIENTS:
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup chopped cashew nuts
3 pcs oreo cookies, chopped or crushed
1 pack kitkat (42g), chopped or crushed (I used dark)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp canola oil or any vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg

PROCEDURE:
1. Preheat oven to 190 C.
2. Whip butter and sugar together.

3. Add egg, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.


4. Add mashed bananas, cashew nuts, oreo, and kitkat. Mix well.



5. Add the vanilla extract, oil, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.

6. Scoop into cupcake moulds.

7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and set aside to cool.

8. Put your favorite frosting on top of the cupcake. But it's still good even without it. Serve, share, and enjoy.

Yield: 12 cupcakes


QUICK NOTES:
1. If you have overripe bananas, try to use it for this recipe. They are easier to mash, sweeter, and more aromatic.
2. Fill your cupcake moulds no more than 2/3 or 3/4 full to avoid over spilling.
3. Add your favorite cookies, nuts, or chocolate chips on this recipe, just like what I did! I put Kitkat, Oreos and cashew nuts.


Credit: Thanks to my sister and brother in law for the cute cupcake moulds.

Happy baking,

Rhea

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...